Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Giving thanks

It's been a week since thanksgiving and I've had a chance to reflect on what I'm thankful for - aside from delicious leftovers.
James' thanksgiving masterpiece - definitely thankful for his cooking skills!
Thankful that this adventure didn't turn out to be a bust so I
didn't have to pack this all up again to bring it home!
I'm thankful that James and I took a chance and moved to Europe. Quitting our jobs, giving up our apartment, selling all our furniture and moving to a foreign country in the middle of a recession without any job prospects was a totally sane thing to do....yup we're nuts....and the beauty of hindsight is that we've only just realized this now!















I'm thankful for our families who have supported us over the past year with words of encouragement, a roof over our heads and a little extra money in our bank account when times got tight.


I'm thankful for all of our friends and family who have made the trip over and checked into Hotel Dixier. We've loved hosting each and everyone of you and wandering around Londontown together. For those of you who haven't visited yet, what are you waiting for?!















I'm thankful for the amazing group of friends we have collected since we've been here. We've reconnected with old friends and made new ones. I'm thankful for friends who will put up with us taking over their living room floor for six weeks while we get ourselves settled in London - M&S we are soooooooooooo thankful for the two of you!

Thankful for these two awesome people!


1 comment: